Thanksgiving is a favorite holiday for many, probably because its focus of food and family can appeal to nearly everyone. Plus, it’s just too much fun making turkey and fall-themed crafts! But since every child is probably already making a turkey out of a handprint, here are some other fun craft ideas for kids.
Fun Fall-Inspired Ideas
- Pumpkin Pie Playdough: This super cute idea from Happiness is Homemade is made from ingredients that are probably already in your cupboard. Word of warning: the blogger who posted this recipe says it smells so much like the real thing you’ll be tempted to try it – don’t, it tastes awful!
- Mason Jar Luminaries: A little mod podge and some leaves from the yard will give your kids the ability to make festive lanterns you can then use to decorate your home. Just drop an LED votive to the bottom and enjoy the warm, autumn glow.
- Painted Acorns: The best types of crafts are those that make use of items readily available right outside your door: leaves, pinecones, acorns, etc. This craft tutorial describes how to paint acorns, with a reminder to freeze first to kill any bugs, and use them around the home as fall decor.
- Leaf People: Your kids will love making these adorable leaf people. A handful of leaves, some glue and googly eyes and you’re all set. Plus, incorporate a walk to find the leaves and it is a complete fun fall day.
- Popsicle Stick Apple Core: This craft is simple to make for kids of all ages and only uses a handful of supplies. Go one step further and attach a magnet to the back for displaying on the refrigerator!
- Popsicle Stick Scarecrow Magnet: Keep the popsicle sticks and magnets handy for this non-scary craft the kids will love to make. These are so cute you’ll run out of the room on the fridge!
- Leaf Suncatchers: Create fall window art that’s vibrant and gorgeous. These instructions, along with a free template, allow your kids to turn coffee filters into fall decorations for your windows.
Urgent Holiday Care
Illnesses and accidents can happen any day of the year, including holidays. That’s why our Urgent Care offices, located in Morningside, Northside and South Sioux City, have holiday hours; just be sure to check the holiday schedule before heading out. Plus now you can skip the wait by reserving your spot, which offers a little bright spot to your urgent outing.