Behavioral Health Sciences
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Conduct intake screenings, evaluations, triages and TOVA testings
- Provide case and medication management
- Practice crisis intervention and stabilization
- Engage in psychiatric rehabilitation and intervention
- Work with primary care physician through an interdisciplinary approach
- Diagnose and treat mental, behavioral, and emotional disorders including anxiety and depression
- Provide individual play, child, family and couples therapy
- Create treatment strategies using various methods such as behavior therapy or psychotherapeutic techniques
- Develop a treatment plan with the client doctors and other healthcare professionals
Meet the Behavioral Health Team
Cathy Grimsley, MSN, PMHNP-B
Cathy is a lifelong native of Sioux City. She has been a nurse since 2006 and spent many years as a Nurse Educator. She has been a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner since 2021 and works with all ages of individuals. Cathy collaborates with the Primary Care Providers and other Behavioral Health members at Family Health Care to assess, diagnose, and manage a variety of mental health conditions. She is dedicated to assisting her patients in meeting their goals to live a healthy, happy life.
Kerri Weaver, LISW, CSW
Kerri is a lifelong native of the Siouxland area with over 20 years of experience. She strives to bring an effective blend of experience, expertise, and compassion to her therapy process in order to maximize outcomes and provide genuine healing and wholeness to individuals and families. Kerri is committed to assisting people in meeting their overall goals to live a healthy, happy life.
Betty Gilbert, LISW
Offers therapy for children, adults, and families.
Betty, a Siouxland native with 27 years of experience, is a licensed Independent Level Social Worker. She offers therapy for individuals, families, and children. With diverse experience in mental health settings, she specializes in foster and adoptive families, using various therapeutic techniques. Betty understands that everyone’s journey is unique, and her goal is to empower each person to achieve a better life balance.
Carolyn Phillips. LISW
Carolyn is an Iowa native with over 25 years of experience providing therapy and treatment to children, adults, couples, and families. She is dedicated to providing services from a client-centered base. Carolyn utilizes a variety of therapeutic modalities to empower others to become more successful. She has established herself in the Siouxland area and is committed to her career of helping others.
Amy McManamy, LMSW, LIMHP
Amy has been a practicing psychotherapist since 2005 and started the Family Health Care of Siouxland Behavioral Health Services in 2015. She has experience with all mental health and phase of life issues. Amy is a lifelong learner with a diverse educational background and life experiences. Practicing out of our South Sioux City clinic she has enjoyed helping clients from the tri-state area improve their self-awareness and mental wellbeing.