FAQFrequently Asked Questions
How do I become a new patient?
We are privileged to accept you as a new patient. Please call us today, we will help you with this transition, appropriate paperwork and answer any questions you may have. Once registered as a new patient you will be able to take advantage of our new Patient Web Portal.Family Health Care of Siouxland is thrilled to offer this new solution that enables you to communicate with us more quickly, easily, and on your schedule. This new solution is a secure patient portal that delivers self-service capabilities allowing you to manage your health care at your fingertips.
- Request an appointment
- Renew Prescriptions
- Ask A Question to the Practice
It’s quick, easy, and, most importantly, secure. For more information, fill out a request form at the front desk with your email address, you will be sent a link to establish your account. It is REALLY that simple. We look forward to giving you new options for managing your health care.
How do I make an appointment?
- The most convenient way to request an appointment is through our Patient Portal.
- If you need a same-day appointment or prefer to talk to the receptionist, pleasecontact the office. We will make every effort to accommodate your appointment request.
- If it is after business hours, you may wish to visit one of our Urgent Care clinics.
How do I refill a prescription?
- Prescriptions can be easily refilled through the Patient Portal.You will need to know the drug name and your current dose.
- It may be necessary for a nurse to call you if there is a question regarding your refill.
- If you do not wish to use the Patient Portal, you can call the office to request a refill.
What if I have a question regarding my health?
- The Patient Portal is great option for you to communicate with the nursing staff regarding your health questions. Simply click on Patient Portalto get started. Do not use the Patient Portal if you have an illness or injury that requires more immediate attention.
- You may also contact the office directly and leave a message for a return phone call.
What do I do if I have an urgent situation?
- Please call the office immediately.
- If it is after hours, you may access one of our convenient Urgent Care locations or contact the physician on-call through the St. Luke’s Operator at 712-279-3500.
What do I do if I have an emergency?
Please call 911 immediately.
Is it important to communicate all provider visits pertaining to my health and wellbeing to my FHC provider?
Yes, it is important to let your Family Health Care provider know of other doctor/specialist visits. It is also important for you to communicate to other physcisians and specialist that they send all records, reports and list of perscribed medications to your primary care physician.